[BRLTTY] speech problem

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Sun Jun 29 04:05:50 EDT 2008

Daniel Dalton <d.dalton at iinet.net.au> writes:

> On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 12:33:04AM +1000, Daniel Dalton wrote:
>> A recompile didn't help, but the one from the repo worked fine, so I
>> will have another try in the morning...
>
> It seems, both must be installed for brltty from apt to say the letters.
> When I run
> sudo /bin/brltty
> (that is where brltty from svn is ) it either says symbol 0 when I move
> over a letter or type a letter, but the one from apt works fine...

Just keep the bin from the svn and delete the other one.
Unfortunately the svn package installs brltty different than
Debian. Delete /sbin/brltty and place a symlink to /bin/brltty in /sbin
instead.
To make sure that everything is OK, I would recommend to completely
recompile the svn version.
I use the very latest from svn without any odd behavior of speech.
Hermann

--
All peoples would live in peace, if they could give up only two things: God
and Country.