[BRLTTY] using BrlApi with Visual Studioj

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Nov 19 11:25:53 EST 2008

Hello,

In the case of windows, window ID are HWNDs, so yes, give that to
enterTtyMode(). That ID is transmitted to the server, in order to know
when the output from your application should be shown on the display,
vs. the output from the screen reader.  I.e. BRLTTY watches window
switches, and when going out from the application, faults back to the
screen reader output. When going back to the application, it shows the
application output again.  If you have several applications, BRLTTY
switches accordingly.

On windows, openConnection does return the HANDLE, so you can
WaitForMultipleObjects on it and then call readKey if it is
available. To keep consistent across systems, we do not send messages to
the window, everything goes throught brlapi_* functions.

Samuel