[BRLTTY] using BrlApi with Visual Studioj

James Teh jamie at jantrid.net
Wed Nov 19 11:59:26 EST 2008

On 20/11/2008 2:25 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> On windows, openConnection does return the HANDLE, so you can
> WaitForMultipleObjects on it...
I don't think WaitForSingleObject and WaitForMultipleObjects will work
on a named pipe. The documentation for these functions doesn't list
these as waitable objects. It certainly doesn't work at present; I tried
WaitForSingleObject on the handle and it always returns immediately
without waiting.

I've read on forums that you might be able to get it to work by opening
the named pipe on the client side with the SYNCHRONIZE flag, but I'm not
sure if this actually works. I believe the *correct* (but painful) way
is to use overlapped IO and get an event object which can then be waited on.

--
James Teh
Email/MSN Messenger/Jabber: jamie at jantrid.net
Web site: http://www.jantrid.net/