[BRLTTY] mysterious... Fup: Re: braille doesn't work at all under Ubuntu 8.04.1

Labrador labrad0r at edpnet.be
Thu Sep 4 08:30:50 EDT 2008

Hi Dave, Hermann & all,

I just did the next experience:
- logged in from my Debian pc and becoming sudo @ the ubuntulaptop
- then: killall brltty
- then brltty -b al -d USB: -t de
and it workx again, no problem.

I will now put USB: instead of usb: in /etc/brltty.conf, even if I already
got USB: in it while it wasn't working :

OK, I rebooted the laptop, and ..... it seems to work.

So maybe Dave that's not a problem of uppercase/lowercase.

But here is the brltty.conf.orig I see in /etc:

# Created by /lib/brltty/brltty.sh
braille-driver al
braille-device serial:ttyUSBx

I suppose the problem is there, but I still can't understand what dropped
that absurd content into the .orig brltty.conf?

Maybe I must purge then reinstall brltty, hoping it will ask me again for
entering the display type and device: maybe we can then see the mistake, but
I presume  serial:ttyUSBx  is bad.

Once again, I received much more answers and tips here while I'm still
waiting for any reaction at the apropriate Ubuntu list.

Aldo.