[BRLTTY] braille doesn't work at all under Ubuntu 8.04.1

Labrador labrad0r at edpnet.be
Tue Sep 9 08:23:25 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 01:11:00PM -0500, Cheryl Homiak wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something here. I have the ubuntu 8.04.1 and it has the
> full brltty configuration file, as far as I can tell, in /etc/brltty.conf.
> You should be able to uncomment the appropriate lines. If you have done
> this, brltty should start at oot if you edit /etc/default/brltty and
> change no to yes. Again, sorry if I'm missing something in your
> explanation of the problem. The problems I cited in my post also relate to
> ubuntu 8.04.1 as I think I stated.

Well I'm so surprised that probably I'am the one who is missing something:
- the CD was the Desktop version of Ubuntu Hardy 8.04.1, NOT the alternate
- is it OK to choose for braille support during installation? or is that the
beginning of my problems ?
- where is that idea of braille=ask in grub's menu.lst coming from ?
- and finally, why is nothing working, even after having followed the
instructions you and other gave me here ?
BTW thanX all very much for your enormous patience!

Tell me please if we were wrong and if there is another, the good one, way
to proceed ?

Aldo.