[BRLTTY] TR: tracing the problems in Ubuntu with brltt

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Sep 9 09:06:16 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Cheryl Homiak on 2008/09/09 at 02:07 -0500]

>Also, it makes  sense that you wouldn't get braille until you've
>edited the brltty.conf.

Not exactly. Leaving brltty.conf with everything commented out simply means
that brltty will run using its internal defaults. That means direct USB,
autodetected drivers, etc. That should all be fine for Aldo.

It sounds to me like removing brltty=ask (or whatever it was) ended up meaning
something like brltty=no, i.e. his system is now not even trying to run brltty
at all. I think all he needs is for someone to tell him what to do to tell
Ubuntu to run brltty without trying to do any configuration for him.

Aldo: I think it'd really help if you stopped trying to reinstall everything
all the time. I'm certain you don't need to do any of that. All you need to do
is to work out the little bit of reconfiguration that's necessary to make
Ubuntu behave the way you need it to.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the Word of God.
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | May 21, 2011, is Judgement Day.