[BRLTTY] SEIKA THDZ 40

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Sep 9 11:22:18 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Rob Meredith on 2008/09/09 at 10:08 -0400]

>I'm not sure if THDZ means Treo in Japanese, but if it does, I never would
>have figured that out.

That's my error. :-) I was expecting English, so, when I read it quickly, my
brain must've made "corrections" for potentially missing and/or extra dots.

>The display has only a USB connector.

Okay, the ttyUSBn devices would be the right ones to use.

>I checked dmesg and /dev, and it is infact showing up as ttyUSB0.

That makes sense.

>I don't know if it only emulates a PowerBraille 40, or if it has its own
>protocol. It seems like it would have its own protocol, but the manual isn't
>telling.
>
>I guess I am now wondering how closely the display emulates the PowerBraille
>40, and if something must be sent to the device to switch it into PowerBraille
>40 mode. I haven't tried it on Windows yet, but according to the manual, you
>just tell your screen reader you have a PowerBraille 40, and it works.

Then it should work equally well with brltty. Can you run with:

   -ldebug          (to log extra stuff)
   -e               (to write logs via standard error)
   2>/path/to/file  (to redirect standard error to a file)

Then please post the log so we can have a look at it.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the Word of God.
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | May 21, 2011, is Judgement Day.