[BRLTTY] SEIKA THDZ 40

Rob Meredith rmeredith at aph.org
Tue Sep 9 10:08:56 EDT 2008

Hi Dave:

I'm not sure if THDZ means Treo in Japanese, but if it does, I never would have figured that out.

The display has only a USB connector. I don't know if it only emulates a PowerBraille 40, or if it has its own protocol. It seems like it would have its own protocol, but the manual isn't telling.

I checked dmesg and /dev, and it is infact showing up as ttyUSB0.

I guess I am now wondering how closely the display emulates the PowerBraille 40, and if something must be sent to the device to switch it into PowerBraille 40 mode. I haven't tried it on Windows yet, but according to the manual, you just tell your screen reader you have a PowerBraille 40, and it works.

Rob