[BRLTTY] Ubuntu: Some possible insights

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Wed Sep 10 22:02:07 EDT 2008

Ok, thanks Lee.

the braille display bouncing around is what my braillelite is doing, but
what would be causing multiple instances of brltty?

Since I used f5 and then 3 in the install, I would think I used screen
reader rather than braille terminal; also I had a full copy of the
brltty.conf.

I also tried installing the svn revision (3925); my problem was that when
I uninstalled the ubuntu brltty, brltty-x11 also uninstalled. I put the
startup for brltty in /etc/init.d/rcS and u\put 'RUNBRLTTY=no' in
/etc/default/brltty so that ubuntu's brltty in init.d wouldn't start.
Unfortunately, brltty would start on my system but not in Orca, so I've
gone back to the ubuntu version until I figure this out.

--
Cheryl