[BRLTTY] Ubuntu: Some possible insights

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Sep 12 11:31:07 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Cheryl Homiak on 2008/09/12 at 09:49 -0500]

>I was trying to remember what shows on the braillelite display sometimes
>when brltty and/or the Ubuntu or Debian installation is closed; it just
>did it again. It looks like cwg~~er but since I don't think the screen is
>in grade Two braile, it doesn't look like tildes in computer form--the
>two-cell form--so the whole thing actually looks like cwg then dots 45
>twice then dots 12456.

Interestingly enough, six characters with the fourth and fifth being the same
could well be "brltty". If that's what it is then it points to an error in how
what's on the screen is being interpreted. There's always been the possibility
of something like that happening, especially if an unusual font is being used,
until the unicode work that's been done in the 3.11 development stream. Is it
at all possible for you to do the very same test with the latest development
code?

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the Word of God.
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | May 21, 2011, is Judgement Day.