[BRLTTY] please help me!!

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Fri Sep 19 11:59:41 EDT 2008

Hello Gianluca,

Everybody was waiting for someone more knowledgeable to answer. Sorry...

Under Windows? What exactly do you want to do?

There is a Windows version of brltty that will give you access to console
applications (the DOS box). I don't have the URL but others on the list do.

You can use brltty in Cygwin, which is a Linux-like environment that runs
under Windows. It's much slower than standard Linux but depending on what
you want to do it's useful. Go to cygwin.com (it's free). Brltty comes with
Cygwin though not I think as part of the default basic package. The
installer is confusing but it can be run with study. This will give you
access to Cygwin and its Linux-like environment (Bash etc) and also other
things in DOS boxes.

I've never used the BrailleLite but it's just like BrailleLite under any
other version of brltty. The brltty home page is mielke.cc/brltty.

Hope this helps. Please ask other questions to get answers more relevant to
what you want.

Good luck,

--

Lee Maschmeyer