[BRLTTY] please help me!!

Gianluca Casalino gilucasa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 13:05:36 EDT 2008

Lee Maschmeyer ha scritto:
> Hello Gianluca,
>
> Everybody was waiting for someone more knowledgeable to answer. Sorry...
>
> Under Windows? What exactly do you want to do?

here what was my request:

Hi, I am new in this list, but the problem I am describing is very very
old and not solved yet. I tried to solve it whith the help of Samuel
Thibault, but
He let me know  he has no time to handle now this issue at all. Here
what happens if I want to use the package compiled from him to work
alone (without cygwin etc) under xp:

under xp brltty combined with braillelite millennium 40 firmware 4.50,
the software starts, but no answer comes from the display. I use this
call> brltty
-b bl -d serial:COM1 -t text.de.tbl It works with md and combi displays,
but even not with braillenote *one of my friends told me that(. I tried
to use
MinGW to investigate myself, but I obtain this error when I try to
compile with make>

for driver in Alva Albatross BrlAPI Braudi BrailleLite Baum BrailleNote
BrailleS ense CombiBraille EcoBraille EuroBraille FreedomScientific
HandyTech LogText
Mul tiBraille MDV MiniBraille Papenmeier TechniBraille TSI TTY
VideoBraille  Voyager Virtual VisioBraille XWindow;
\
do (cd
./../BrailleDrivers/$driver & make braille-all) || exit 1;  \
done                                                    make[2]:
Entering directory `/e/t
illeDrivers/Alva'     make[2]: *** No rule to make targ p.exe', needed
by `../ ../data/brltty-al.hlp'.  Stop. make[2]: Leaving directory `/e/te
lleDrivers/Alva'
make[1]: *** [all-braille] Error                        make[1]: Leaving
directory `/e/te rams'                 make: *** [all] Error 2

proprietario at GIANLUCA_SHEILA /e/temp/brlli/brl                       $ ^

can anybody help me to solve this _ Thanks in advance

Gianluca Casalino