[BRLTTY] Papenmeier display: Braillex EL 40 Pocket

Dominique Asselineau asseline at telecom-paristech.fr
Fri Aug 7 09:44:05 EDT 2009

Alex Bernier wrote on Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 11:49:35AM +0200
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 05:30:35AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> > [quoted lines by Dominique Asselineau on 2009/08/06 at 21:09 +0200]
> >
> > >What is the driver corresponding to the Braillex 40 Pocket?  I do not
> > >see this display's name at
> > >
> > >http://mielke.cc/brltty/doc/drivers/index.html
> >
> > I'm unaware of any Papenmeier model named Braillex 40 Pocket. We do, however,
> > to the best of my knowledge, support all Papenmeier models. Perhaps you're
> > referring to the EL 40 P or EL 40 S. In any event, the pm [Papenmeier] driver
> > should work.
>
> "BRAILLEX 40 POCKET" is the name given by Papenmeier to the
> "BRAILLEX EL 40s" for distribution in France.
> So, no problem, it works with BRLTTY (I have recently tried it).

Ok Alex.  The help page of the BRAILLEX EL 40S specifies key and switch,
left and right which can be front and rear.  What is the difference
between key and switch?  I saw a BRAILLEX EL 40s (pocket) and I
noticed only one button each side of the braille cells.

Dominique