[BRLTTY] brltty does not support Baum Conny mini braille display

Ümit Kirayit uemit_2705 at hotmail.de
Fri Aug 21 06:53:40 EDT 2009

Hi everyone!

I have got a Samsung N110 Netbook working with Debian Lenny (5.0) and Windows XP. I installed brltty (on the Debian partition) for my workmate, who is blind, in the hope that he would be able to use his mini braille display Baum Conny over Bluetooth.

I changed some lines of the config file in /etc/...  brltty.conf  and  added the Bluetooth Adress of the device. There isn't a problem with the bluetooth connection i think because everytime when i try to connect the mini braille display over Bluetooth, it starts to make strange sounds, but the commands which i type in the console are not displayed on the braille display.

Do i have to add something else to the config file? Does brltty not support the mentioned mini braille display (Baum Conny 51005261)?

I need this application as soon as possible, so can anyone help me to build up a driver for this device?

I can try to write the driver on my own, but a little bit help would be pleasant, to avoid an exploding braille display ;)

Thanks in advance for your help!

kind regards

Ümit Kirayit