[BRLTTY] Question about repositories

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Mon Jan 5 07:10:08 EST 2009

"Christian" <christian08 at runbox.com> writes:

> I have been trying to install BRLTTY on opensuse, but there are dependency
> issues.

You need to tell us a bit more.  Which version of BRLTTY have
you tried to install on OpenSUSE?  Was that a .rpm package and from
where di you download it?  Also, since the crystal ball is currently
disfunctional, maybe you can also tell us what the "dependency issues" are,
i.e., which dependencies are you missing exactly?

> Is there any repository i can add so that i can build the dependency
> tree and install it?  I could skip the dependencies but i dont want
> to do that. Any repository i should add?

I am guessing you are trying to install the rpm packages provided
at http://mielke.cc/brltty/releases/ ?  I am afraid those are for Fedora/Red Hat
systems, I am not sure how much SUSE/OpenSUSE have diverged from the
Fedora package naming scheme.  You can of course always compile
BRLTTY from source.  I am sure all the basic build dependencies should
be available on a typical OpenSUSE system.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'