[BRLTTY] Question about repositories

Christian christian08 at runbox.com
Tue Jan 6 11:51:54 EST 2009

Hello,
Well, I have been trying to compile BRLTTY as well but with no luck.
There are still dependency issues so i am now seriously thinking about switching back to Ubuntu again if I cant get this to work.
I will send a new email with the error messages i get when i try to compile it.
Best regards and thanks,
Christian

On 2009-01-05 at 13:10 Mario Lang wrote:

>This encoded message has been converted to an attachment.
>
>"Christian" <christian08 at runbox.com> writes:

> I have been trying to
>install BRLTTY on opensuse, but there are dependency
> issues.

You need
>to tell us a bit more.  Which version of BRLTTY have
you tried to install
>on OpenSUSE?  Was that a .rpm package and from
where di you download it?
>Also, since the crystal ball is currently
disfunctional, maybe you can
>also tell us what the "dependency issues" are,
i.e., which dependencies
>are you missing exactly?

> Is there any repository i can add so that i
>can build the dependency
> tree and install it?  I could skip the
>dependencies but i dont want
> to do that. Any repository i should add?

>am guessing you are trying to install the rpm packages provided
at
>http://mielke.cc/brltty/releases/ ?  I am afraid those are for Fedora/Red
>Hat
systems, I am not sure how much SUSE/OpenSUSE have diverged from
>the
Fedora package naming scheme.  You can of course always compile
BRLTTY

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ |
>Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via
>finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : |
>1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'
   `-