[BRLTTY] New member with a question.

Anders Holmberg anders at pipkrokodil.se
Sun Jan 18 19:36:16 EST 2009

Hi There friends!
Actually i am not using brltty with linux
I'm using it with the nvda screereader.
So i am using it with windows.
However i ha e a problem getting it to work with my humanware brailliant 64.
I have saved the output log from my atempts:
brltty.exe: unknown configuration directive:
brltty.exe: configuration directive specified more than once: braille-device
brltty.exe: configuration directive specified more than once: braille-driver
brltty.exe: configuration directive specified more than once: braille-device
brltty.exe: configuration directive specified more than once: braille-driver BRLTTY 3.10-12 [http://mielke.cc/brltty/]
brltty.exe: Working Directory: C:\program\brltty\etc\brltty
brltty.exe: Writable Directory: C:/program/brltty/bin/../lib/brltty/rw
brltty.exe: Configuration File: ../etc/brltty.conf
brltty.exe: Data Directory: C:/program/brltty/bin/../etc/brltty
brltty.exe: Library Directory: C:/program/brltty/bin/../lib/brltty
brltty.exe: Tables Directory: C:/program/brltty/bin/../etc/brltty
brltty.exe: Text Table: text.nabcc.tbl
brltty.exe: Attributes Table: attributes.tbl
brltty.exe: Contractions Directory: C:/program/brltty/bin/../etc/brltty
brltty.exe: Contraction Table: none
brltty.exe: checking for screen driver: wn
brltty.exe: initializing screen driver: wn
brltty.exe: Screen Driver: wn [Windows]
brltty.exe: Windows Screen Driver:
brltty.exe: Screen Parameter: root=
brltty.exe: Screen Parameter: followfocus=
brltty.exe: BrlAPI Server: release 0.5.2
brltty.exe: API Parameter: auth=
brltty.exe: API Parameter: host=
brltty.exe: API Parameter: stacksize=
brltty.exe: checking braille device: serial:COM15
brltty.exe: checking for braille driver: bm
brltty.exe: initializing braille driver: bm -> serial:COM15
brltty.exe: device directory:
brltty.exe: CreateFile -> 00000734
brltty.exe: Event -> 00000730
brltty.exe: socket 0 established (fd 00000734)
brltty.exe: cannot open serial device: COM15: No error
brltty.exe: braille driver initialization failed: bm -> serial:COM15
brltty.exe: braille driver not found
brltty.exe: Braille Display Dimensions: 1 row, 80 columns
brltty.exe: shifts: fwin=80 hwin=40 vwin=5
brltty.exe: no autodetectable speech drivers
brltty.exe: checking for speech driver: no
brltty.exe: initializing speech driver: no
brltty.exe: Speech Driver: no [NoSpeech]
brltty.exe: NoSpeech Speech Driver:
brltty.exe: Speech FIFO: none
brltty.exe: Event -> 00000658
brltty.exe: socket 1 established (fd 0000065C)
[...]
I have booth edited brltty.conf and used the configurator so i am not sure whats going on. /Anders. /Anders.I am using the virtual port com 15 as i have the brailledriver for my brailliant installed.
Does anybody here has any thoughts about this?
/Anders.