[BRLTTY] about descchar binding

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Jan 31 03:02:24 EST 2009

[quoted lines by 高生旺 on 2009/01/31 at 15:52 +0800]

>For Chinese, may I add more information to descchar?

Right now we use the description associated with the character as supplied by
the Unicode database. It seems to be rather generic for the ideographic
characters, and, therefore, doesn't seem to be very helpful. For the benefit of
other readers, the Unicode character 9000, for example, has, for its
description, the rather useless phrase "CJK UNIFIED IDEDOGRAPH-9000".

Does each of those characters have a specific meaning, or can a character have
one meaning in one language and another meaning in another language?

Do you have a list of what each of those characters actually means?