[BRLTTY] serial port problem?

Hideyuki Hayashi taro.hayashi at nifty.ne.jp
Wed Jun 17 06:28:47 EDT 2009

Hi all,

  I've been using Solaris via an emulator on Windows with Jaws.
So I'm a beginner of not only BRLTTY but also Linux.

  I'm trying to newly install Debian into my laptop pc.
It was successful to install it with BRLTTY,
brltty=al,/dev/ttyS0,en_US, but after installation BRLTTY does not
work when the pc boot up from its hard disk...

  "brltty -e -l 7 -b al -d /dev/ttyS0" shows connection to ttyS0
causes timeout.  I installed setserial and got irq and port address of
ttyS0 and confirmed it was same one that was got from BIOS screen.

  There is no problem when installation with PacMate via USB and
booting up with it.

  Is this caused by any serial port settings?
Does anyone have any ideas?
I appreciate your ideas, suggestions or advices.

TIA & Regards,
Hideyuki Hayashi