[BRLTTY] Orca crash with grade 2 and latest versions of brltty and liblouis

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Mon Jun 29 20:25:10 EDT 2009

I've been working with Pete for several days trying to get him through
various build issues and such.  I'm not quite sure what state his
machine is in because he's tried so many things.  :-(  There may be
things under /usr, things under /usr/local, and there may be different
versions of different things installed in both places.

I'm not convinced this can be quickly diagnosed as an Orca bug.  On
OpenSolaris, I've had good success with the exact versions of Orca,
liblouis (I'm using the /usr/share/liblouis/tables/en-us-g2.ctb table),
and BrlTTY that Pete is using.

> Please do what it says: add the -ldebug otion to the brltty command line
> and have a look at the system log to get precise information about why
> it crashed.

As Samuel says - this will be quite useful.

Will