[BRLTTY] Bluetooth configuration

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Mar 3 22:02:43 EST 2009

[quoted lines by Jason White on 2009/03/04 at 12:44 +1100]

>My new laptop claims to have Bluetooth support:
>                   product: ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate II
>                   capabilities: bluetooth usb-2.00
>
>My braille display is a Baum SuperVario (aka Brailliant) 40.
>
>I'm using a fairly recent revision of BrlTTY from svn. I know there has been
>some discussion on the list of Bluetooth changes.
>
>What's the best (latest) documentation that I should consult to find out how
>to configure it?

You should be able to do it like this. Find out your host's Bluetooth Device
Address via the command "hciconfig hci0". Then go into the directory
"/var/lib/bluetooth/<host-address>. In there (create if necessary) is the file
"pincodes". This file contains one device per record. Each record has two
fields separated by space. The first field is the device's Bluetooth Device
Address and the second field is its PIN. So:

   cat /var/lib/bluetooth/01:23:45:67:89:AB/pincodes
   12:34:56:78:9A:BC 1234

For brltty, specify the device as "bluetooth:<device-address>", e.g.:

   -d bluetooth:12:34:56:78:9A:BC