[BRLTTY] braille-devices in brltty.conf template

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Tue Mar 17 13:38:12 EDT 2009

Labrador <labrad0r at edpnet.be> writes:

> in the brltty.conf of Lenny there is a display called bs braillesense;
> although this isn't present yet in the Ubuntu template of brltty.conf, shall
> this display work with all distros or not?

The bs driver was renamed during the 3.10->4.0 development cycle.
The 3.10 version of BRLTTY in Debian is a (almost) true 3.10 version,
the 3.10 package in Ubuntu is a very recent snapshot of BRLTTY from
the development repository, i.e. its almost a 4.0.  That is why
the current Ubuntu version of BRLTTY has hm (HIMS, the new name for
BrailleSense) while the 3.10 version of BRLTTY in Debian has the bs driver.

> or is once again bs supposed being there for the future v 4.x ?

No, in 4.0 bs is named hm.

> (if so I'm asking myself why does the Debian brltty maintainers do provide
> such code for a future version who probably won't never been provided with
> the so called Lenny distro ?)

My natural language parser failed on the above sentence.  Maybe you can
rephase, I am sure as the Debian BRLTTY maintainer I should be able
to give an answer to your question, as soon as I understand it.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'