[BRLTTY] Attribute cursor.

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Tue Mar 17 16:23:39 EDT 2009

But wouldn't heuristics require you to _do_ something before brltty can
figure out what's changing? I remember some program, Screen Power DOS I
think, where it couldn't figure out what was happening until you used the
arrows a time or three. And before it got it right it got it wrong and you
thought something was selected that wasn't.

It shouldn't be too hard to understand that if you don't have a profile you
do things exactly the way they're done now, which is after all the thing
that made brltty so successful in the first place. You write a profile only
if something isn't working satisfactorily. In the case of the mixer we were
talking about awhile ago, I'm not sure what a profile or heuristic ought to
do since you've got both horizontal and vertical changes to try to follow.
It's confusing until you catch on to what changes take place but then it's
pretty reasonable. And Dave pointed out an option where you get only one
thing on the screen anyway which is probably better than either profile or
heuristic though I've never used it.

--

Lee Maschmeyer
Wayne State University