[BRLTTY] no .deb at mielke.cc/brltty ? Was:Re: brltty 4.1: doesn't work

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Nov 10 09:33:11 EST 2009

[quoted lines by Aldo on 2009/11/10 at 14:50 +0100]

>There is no deb package at all on the BrlTty site whle there is a rpm;

Unless anyone can think of a reason not to, adding the .debs to brltty's
download page is probably a good idea. Where can I get them from?

>so how do I install a 4.1 deb on my Lenny without touching the rest of my
>distro ?

I don't think you need to do that at this point because:

>or how to fix my problem (if there is someone) with my compiled brltty ?

See my previous post for details. In short, though, your problem is that you
either need to use the run-brltty script or to add --with-screen-driver=lx to
your configure options.