[BRLTTY] braille displays as well as braille maths

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 19 06:16:59 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 10:36:43AM +0100, Lars Bj�rndal wrote:
> Daniel Dalton <d.dalton at iinet.net.au> writes:
>
> > Sorry, I forgot to say, I would be interested to hear any thoughts on
> > other displays that may suit me, I'm looking for:
> > - Something that is 40 cells
> > - Something with good battery life
> > - Something as compact as possible.
> > - Something that supports bluetooth, usb and serial with brltty
>
> Do you know the Easy Braille from Handy Tech? However it does offer USB
> and BlueTooth only. Why do you need serial?

Actually, serial wouldn't be necessary unless for some reason usb and
bluetooth failed.

How much battery power does the device have, I'll check it out online
though. Wonder if these are available in Australia.

> Please note that the new Easy Braille modell has a HID USB interface
> rather than USB2serial as was the case with the prevous modell. I don't
> know if BRLTTY supports USB communication with the new modell yet.

I'll need to get something that works 100% with usb and bluetooth, so I
can use it for everything I need.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll check it out online this weekend.

--
Cheers,
Dan

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/