[BRLTTY] Contraction error and patch: Graf-ter

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 24 22:35:40 EST 2009

Hi all,

First of all, awhile ago I submitted the word "jewsharp" to remove the
s-h sign. It turns out this was a misspelling. Even though it came
from a book (The Best of O. Henry) it has no validity. Even O. Henry
corrected it for a later book. So I'm glad Dave didn't put that one
in!

Now we come to a really puzzling one. O. Henry wrote a book called The
Gentle Graf-ter. Except there should be no hyphen in the last word of
the title. But if I leave out the hyphen anyone reading it in grade 2
will see it as Graf. The reason? The sign for After. I had to change
this from always to word. As far as I can tell the only thing this
broke was the word Hereafter. So the attached patch fixes both after
and hereafter.

I hope I didn't miss anything else,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll