[BRLTTY] Bluetooth on FReeBSD

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sun Aug 8 03:18:42 EDT 2010

Raoul <rmgls at free.fr> writes:

> brltty on FReeBSD platform has no bluetooth nor usb working support.
> i plan ty try to write a driver for freeBSD platforms.
> my concern is bluetooth; i will see the usb driver after, since serial
> is working fine, and if i am able to write the bluetooth driver.
>
> the libbluetooth has the merit to be portable, and implemented on all
> the *bsd platforms.
>
> in the other hand bluetooth_linux seems to take an other way, ane need
> to be adapted to follow the requirements of the bsd family.

No, bluetooth_linux implements bluetooth on Linux.
You should probably implement bluetooth_bsd.c or
bluetooth_libbluetooth.c.

This file would implement bluetooth based on the API your
platform provides for doing so.  On Linux, bluetooth uses
the socket interface.  I dont know how libbluetooth works on *bsd.

> before starting this job, please can you give me your opinion
> on this topic? any advice wuold be appreciated.

What do you need?

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕