[BRLTTY] introduction and a problem

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Aug 9 10:42:06 EDT 2010

[quoted lines by lutz kaiser on 2010/08/09 at 01:19 +0200]

>thanks for this detailed guidilines.

Okay, but it looks like I forgot at least two points. First:

>1. /proc/bus/usb is empty

I guess Debian doesn't mount the proc file system anymore. To mount it, do
this:

   mount -t usbfs usbfs /proc/bus/usb

The second point is that I forgot that the list has a size limit for messages,
and if a message is larger than that size then it's automatically held rather
than directly posted. I still have it, though, which is a good thing. For next
time (if needed), though, perhaps you should gzip -9 the trace.

>i went to /sys/bus/usb, but device there is a directory ....
>and did cat 1u

You did all the right things. My concern, though, is that catting 1u, i.e.
capturing a trace for USB bus number 1, was the right choice. Do you only have
0u and 1u, or do you have more of them? If you have more of them then please
mount the usbfs file system (see above) and try to figure out which one is the
right one.