[BRLTTY] New braille tables try

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Fri Aug 13 10:47:17 EDT 2010

Hi,

I had not tried because generally, I try first to have such combinations
worked on tty before trying on X. But as you suggested, I tried, and I'm
surprised. In an UTF-8 environment (e.g. Evolution, but also OOo 3.2 as
I've just seen (I thought it was ISO)), I get → ← respectively for U2192
and U2190. In an ISO-8859-15 environment (gnome-terminal, weechat-curses
with gnome-terminal), the combination produces -> and <-
And in pure tty, nothing happens.

I can't understand really differences of behavior, even if charset is
probably an explanation but this domain is very complicated for me...
does it mean → ← cannot be produced in SSO charset? Besides, why don't
work on console?

Well so strange results that I dont really understand.

Thanks for explanations and/or solutions to get the same sign in any
context (except if we say that -> is for → in ISO charset? )

Regards,

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL