[BRLTTY] Bluetooth on FReeBSD

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Aug 13 19:42:18 EDT 2010

[quoted lines by Raoul Mégélas on 2010/08/13 at 22:45 +0200]

>i managed to have a compiled brltty with bluetooth (my trial);
>As it does not work i would like to debug;
>but Please, Can you tell me exactly the process to debug the library,
>excuse my ignorance!!!

I assume you mean debugging your own code. The way we usually do it is to
specify -ldebug (which tells brltty to log at debug level), to specify -e
(which tells brltty to log to standard error rather than to the system log), to
use 2> to redirect standard error to a file, and to use brltty's LogPrint()
function (defined in brltty's log.h) to write logs. Often we also specify -n
(which tells brltty to run in the foreground rather than in the background).