[BRLTTY] Bluetooth on FReeBSD

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Aug 14 00:37:22 EDT 2010

[quoted lines by Dave Mielke on Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:42:18 -0400

>> i managed to have a compiled brltty with bluetooth (my trial);
>> As it does not work i would like to debug;
>> but Please, Can you tell me exactly the process to debug the library,
>> excuse my ignorance!!!

> I assume you mean debugging your own code. The way we usually do it is to
> specify -ldebug (which tells brltty to log at debug level), to specify
> -e (which tells brltty to log to standard error rather than to
> the system log), to use 2> to redirect standard error to a file,
> and to use brltty's LogPrint() function (defined in brltty's log.h)
> to write logs. Often we also specify -n (which tells brltty to run
> in the foreground rather than in the background).

Thanks kDave,
yes it is to debug my own code.
i try another solution:
insulate my own code and try to compile it but this is only in progress!!!

I knew all that but i supposed an unknown point of mine.

Does not matter, it is always a good thing to remember this to the newbies.

Best regards.

Raoul
rmgls at free.fr