[BRLTTY] USB on FReeBSD

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Aug 16 11:00:59 EDT 2010

Raoul MXgXlas, le Fri 13 Aug 2010 22:55:34 +0200, a écrit :
> Le 13 Aug 2010 14:38:38 +0200
> Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> a ?crit:
> >> Raoul, le Wed 04 Aug 2010 18:59:28 +0200, a =E9crit :
> >> brltty on FReeBSD platform has no bluetooth nor usb working support.
> >> (yes the usb driver on freebsd current has changed, to libusb20).
>
> > Mmm, for USB it's surprising: we have usb_kfreebsd.c which includes
> > usb_bsd.h which is supposed to work. You should probably have a look
> > there. Also, using the portable libusb could be an option.
>
> perhaps, it is working on freebsd stable
>  (not yet tested),

What is working? via libusb, or usb_bsd.h?

> how one can build kfreebsd on freebsd itself?

I should have said usb_freebsd.c actually.

> is not it a linux package?

It's not a linux package.

> by default brltty built sys_freebsd here.

That should work, then.

> in all case, i looked sys_kfreebsd.c;
> i see there: #include <usb/usb.h> which is not there but in:
> for current one must write:
> #include <usb.h>.

Yes, that's the new interface. Brltty hasn't been ported to it yet.
Doesn't freebsd9 provide the old interface as a legacy interface?
Somebody needs to take some time to do it.

Samuel