[BRLTTY] PLEASE ......................... explain ?

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Sun Dec 5 08:08:18 EST 2010

Hi,

Le dimanche 05 décembre 2010 à 12:20 +0100, Labrador a écrit :
> Hi DEAR Mr. Dave Mielke/and / or MailingList (co)administator(s).
>

> I would like please to know :
>
> 1) how exactly to subscribe to this list:
> 	- A) by sending a mail to the machine
> 	- B) by submitting our subscription request online
Don't remember, classical process. But you're subscribed it seems. The list recieves your messages. If you'd not subscribed, your messages would be rejected and you would be notified. See archives to see if your messages arrive.

> 2) REASONS for this stupid questions:
> 	- A) no any reactions when submitting things online
> 	- B) still waiting for ML reaction when requested by mail
If you sent all messages with such subject and with upper letters everywhere, it's explanable: uppercase is a cry, and people don't like to answer to cries. Another possibility is that noone knew. You should be careful in your subject write because, for people like I, we only open message if we feel we can help about a subject. So depending on your subject, maybe noone opened, except Dave but... he's busy with developping, debugging, deling with patches. Maybe he forgot answering.

> I want some explanations please !
And writting with !!!!! everythere isn't really a good idea if you need help. Write form implies more neutrality to limit possible interpretations and avoid that someno think you are not polite. So be careful in this, mails are neither irc nor speaking, harder to read and interprete. I say this by experience.

> I want to know if the Mailman machine still works right
> and why I have been able to migrate about 16 other mlist subscriptions
> successfully/WITHOUT ANY problem!
I think it works for your subscription here too. Strange anyway you didn't recieve any answer: did you receive your own messages at least? If you didn't, maybe it's a problem with your antispam?

> and why does the BrlTty ListEngine doesn't work as expected ?
Maybe your antispam?

> Thanks for your kind and very fast help Dave!
>

> Greetings,
Regards,