[BRLTTY] PLEASE ......................... explain ?

Labrador labrad0r at edpnet.be
Sun Dec 5 14:02:23 EST 2010

Hi Jean-Philippe:

On Sun, Dec 05, 2010 at 02:08:18PM +0100, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le dimanche 05 décembre 2010 à 12:20 +0100, Labrador a écrit :
> > Hi DEAR Mr. Dave Mielke/and / or MailingList (co)administator(s).
> >

> > I would like please to know :
> >
> > 1) how exactly to subscribe to this list:
> > 	- A) by sending a mail to the machine
> > 	- B) by submitting our subscription request online

> Don't remember, classical process. But you're subscribed it seems.
>The list recieves your messages.

No, that's not the problem:
as I said before, I'm reorganizing my mailboxes,
I just want to be removed under my current address and subscribed under
another one;

so I did (/tried to do) the changes online:
on many many other lists it had worked immediately!
On this list it didn't !
Why ?

Now I tried by sending a mail to the -request address:
still doesn't work!
Why ?

>If you'd not subscribed, your messages would be rejected and you would be
>notified.

I don't want to send any message on the list,
but I couldn't do nothing else than asking here On List since I don't
received any answer from the supposed list-admin.

I'm using MUtt, is that SO sTrange as client for a "normal" Mailman-list ?

>See archives to see if your messages arrive.

That's not the problem,
I Just Want To Change My Subscription Address ! nothing more, nothing less!

It's more than 3 DAYS I'm trying this!

> > 2) REASONS for this stupid questions:
> > 	- A) no any reactions when submitting things online
> > 	- B) still waiting for ML reaction when requested by mail

> If you sent all messages with such subject and with upper letters
>everywhere, it's explanable
I don't mind ! but I'm trying for about 3 days now and I'm becoming really
tired!
Would you be happy if you turned 16 lists into another (new) address and one
(/this one) refuses to work for this quite simple change ?

> You should be
>careful in your subject write because, for people like I, we only open
>message if we feel we can help about a subject.

Well I am asking to you due to no any explanation received from the
listengine nor from the listadmin until now.

>So depending on your
>subject, maybe noone opened, except Dave but... he's busy with developping,
> debugging, deling with patches.

That's not my problem: if this runs under Mailman it woulrd work as tons of
Mailman lists (since it's a very good tool).

>Maybe he forgot answering.

Well I not forgot to ask him again! and to tell him taht it doesn't work at
all!

> I think it works for your subscription here too.

That's exactmu tje ^rpbmeù; O'd mole tp cja,ge ç

>Strange anyway you didn't recieve any answer: did you receive your own
>messages at least?

The list reception isn't the problem,
receiving any Mailman reaction is the problem.

>If you didn't, maybe it's a problem with your antispam?

There isn't any antispam on my own system,
by the way the new subscription address is another ISP, so it's impossible
that 2 separate ISPs would have the same problem For One Specific List while
no any problem for many other.

> > and why does the BrlTty ListEngine doesn't work as expected ?
> Maybe your antispam?
No!

Regards!