[BRLTTY] Accents on X

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Jul 21 09:17:15 EDT 2010

Hello,

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL, le Wed 21 Jul 2010 14:45:45 +0200, a écrit :
> ñ Ñ í ó ú á ì ò
>
> I can enter them in console (tty), not with X. Due do xbrlapi? A
> shortcut available or a macro?

xbrlapi is currently only able to simulate characters which can be typed
directly on the PC keyboard (since it emulates a PC keyboard key event).
I guess those are not currently in your keyboard layout. Just adding
them using e.g. xmodmap should work.

Xorg people suggested to temporarily remap some unused keycode to the
wanted symbol, but that introduces timing issues so I didn't try to
implement it. Maybe we should still give it a try.

Samuel