[BRLTTY] Accents on X

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Wed Jul 21 12:12:21 EDT 2010

Hi,

xbrlapi is currently only able to simulate characters which can be typed
> directly on the PC keyboard (since it emulates a PC keyboard key event).
> I guess those are not currently in your keyboard layout. Just adding
> them using e.g. xmodmap should work.
Hmm could you give me an example? I can't run this command: only works in gnome-terminal and don't understand how it works. Where can I find values for accents I'd like to add and keycode to associate? Actually, how will it influe on braille keyboard?

> Xorg people suggested to temporarily remap some unused keycode to the
> wanted symbol, but that introduces timing issues so I didn't try to
> implement it. Maybe we should still give it a try.
I'm ready to help trying :)

Thanks,