[BRLTTY] Eurosign

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Mon Jul 26 20:19:22 EDT 2010

Le lundi 26 juillet 2010 à 20:12 -0400, Dave Mielke a écrit :
> [quoted lines by Jean-Philippe MENGUAL on 2010/07/27 at 01:06 +0200]
>
> >I think it's a good idea as in this table (I remember I had worked on it when
> >it was called text.fr-iso01.tbl, and I based myself on a very old ASCII
> >table), Euro sign wasn't included. Default fr_FR.ttb doesn't include euro
> >sign, I think it's a problem. So Euro sign should be added additionally
> >Currency sign.
>
> So you mean that fr_FR.ttb should also keep the currency symbol?
Yes I think. I don't know what matches really, but the Curreycy symbol is present in fr-2007.ttb, so I guess it's needed, additionally to Euro sign.

> >The model: fr-2007.ttb.
>
> That won't work because:
>
> fr_2007 uses dots 45 for the currency symbol but that's greater than in fr_FR.
> fr_2007 uses dots 1578 for the Euro sign but that's CTRL-E in fr_FR.
hmm right. Didn't know.

> So, if we change dots 158 to the Euro sign in fr_FR, we need to decide what the
> currency symbol should be.
yes. :) I don't have any idea just now, but I'm sure a combination exists and still not used. Or maybe another character can be deleted (very rare sign? ).

Regards,

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL