[BRLTTY] Eurosign

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jul 26 20:12:42 EDT 2010

[quoted lines by Jean-Philippe MENGUAL on 2010/07/27 at 01:06 +0200]

>I think it's a good idea as in this table (I remember I had worked on it when
>it was called text.fr-iso01.tbl, and I based myself on a very old ASCII
>table), Euro sign wasn't included. Default fr_FR.ttb doesn't include euro
>sign, I think it's a problem. So Euro sign should be added additionally
>Currency sign.

So you mean that fr_FR.ttb should also keep the currency symbol?

>The model: fr-2007.ttb.

That won't work because:

fr_2007 uses dots 45 for the currency symbol but that's greater than in fr_FR.
fr_2007 uses dots 1578 for the Euro sign but that's CTRL-E in fr_FR.

So, if we change dots 158 to the Euro sign in fr_FR, we need to decide what the
currency symbol should be.