[BRLTTY] Notes about the problem with doubled and trebled letters

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Sun May 2 08:05:09 EDT 2010

Hello Dave,

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote on Fr, Apr 23, 2010 at 06:37:42 -0400:
>[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2010/04/23 at 08:12 +0200]
>>as you suggested I tested the behavior with and without speech. Unfortunately,
>>switching off the speech doesn't seem to stop the problem.
>
>How did you turn off speech? Did you do it by telling brltty to use the "no"
>speech driver?
I used the key stroke to turn off autospeak. Does that mean any difference?
Brltty doesn't speak at all.

>>My notebook has a 2.1 Ghz CPU, so I can't fully understand why brltty shouldn't
>>have enough CPU time.
>Just to be sure, next time around when the problem occurs could you please do
>the uptime command and check what the load average is?
Here, in an "extreme" case, during gnome was loading the configuration at start up:
13:52:25 up 0 min,  2 users,  load average: 1.75, 0.44, 0.15
and now 5 min later:
13:57:17 up 5 min,  5 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.28, 0.16

This is a quite clear situation. I will continue testing, but I had this also
while working in vim, and nothing other *foreground process* running.

>>I tried also renice, which took also no effect.
>
>renice -20 ?
No, +20 which is in fact incorrect, just read the man page :-). I'll give this a
additional test.