[BRLTTY] BrailleNote Apex, bluetooth, and NVDA

Alex Hall mehgcap at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 19:21:31 EDT 2010

On 10/16/10, Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:
> [quoted lines by Alex Hall on 2010/10/15 at 23:38 -0400]
>
>>It looks like incoming is com2 and outgoing is com3, but brltty only
>>let me specify one com port.
>
> Why do you believe this to be the case?
I went to bluetooth settings, then to the com ports tab. I see:
com3 outgoing apex0000577 'serial'
com4 incoming apex0000577

The readme file says it is version 4.2, May 2010. I just installed
this a couple days ago, over top of an existing installation, and got
no error messages.

> If that were true then brltty wouldn't have been able to detect the device
> since that procedure requires both writing to and reading from the device.
Very odd, then!

> --
> Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the very Word of
> God.
> Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the Day of
> Judgement.
> EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | 2011 Oct 21 is the End of the
> World.

Have a great day,