[BRLTTY] BRLTTY for Windows not working

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Oct 16 20:18:08 EDT 2010

marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de, le Thu 30 Sep 2010 17:37:42 +0200, a écrit :
> To test with brltty, I have added lines like the following to the file
> brl-ht-bs.kti:
> bind B1+B4 LNUP
> bind B2+B3+B8 LNDN
> or
> bind B7+B8 LNUP
> bind B2+B3 LNDN
> These are only partially working. B2+B3 works, but some others don't.

Which others don't, precisely?  And please post the corresponding log
file, during which you pressed them.

> Maybe there is a conflict between multiple assignments of inputs to the
> commands?

Well, at least you should get something in such case.

> > Just curious: was just providing the .h files and the .def file
> > fine enough for you to use the brlapi library?
> >  Would you suggest anything more?
>
> I had missed one thing: I didn't know that/how I had to create the
> brlapi.lib file to use it with Visual C++. This info was somewhere in the
> docs, but now I can't remember where,

Err, well, README.first.txt.

> and I hadn't found it myself but asked in the mailing list why it
> didn't work with libbrlapi.a .
>
> All that stuff is a bit complicated. Couldn't you make it simpler? ;)

Well, tell that to Microsoft.  On Linux it's indeed quite trivial, there
is no need for all these .def, .dll.a, .lib, etc. files.  The problem
here is that I don't easily have the tool to create the .lib file.  In
principle, shipping the .def file is enough for people to create it
using their own tool, and I thought Visual C would make that easy, but
apparently it doesn't.  I can't really do much about that.

Samuel