[BRLTTY] BrailleNote Apex, bluetooth, and NVDA

Alex Hall mehgcap at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 20:56:49 EDT 2010

On 10/16/10, Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:
> [quoted lines by Alex Hall on 2010/10/16 at 19:21 -0400]
>
>>> Why do you believe this to be the case?
>>I went to bluetooth settings, then to the com ports tab. I see:
>>com3 outgoing apex0000577 'serial'
>>com4 incoming apex0000577
>
> I've never seen a braille device operate this way before. It'd be
> interesting
> to see the output of an sdp (service discovery protocol) probe of the
> device. I
> don't know how to do that on Windows so do you happen to have a
> Bluetooth-enabled Linux system which you can use to do it? If so, I'll tell
> you
> how.
I do not have access to Linux, unfortunately. I tried removing the com
ports used, then re-pairing and re-activating the bn/pc, but it set it
up the same way as before (com3 and com4 both being used). I Googled
sdp on windows, but all I got was a bunch of information on
programming it, and I am not too familiar with Windows libraries. I
will see if there is a Pythonic way to do this as I know Python pretty
well, but I doubt it... If you have any other thoughts, please let me
know!

> --
> Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the very Word of
> God.
> Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the Day of
> Judgement.
> EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | 2011 Oct 21 is the End of the
> World.

Have a great day,