[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and qemu

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon Oct 18 00:31:47 EDT 2010

Odd Martin Baanrud <martin at lb7ye.net> wrote:
> I'm going to test qemu on a machine with BRLTTY 4.2 installed.
> I know it's possible to "configure" the virtual machine with a bunch
> of options, but just for interest, I've tried to run qemu without
> options.

Try the -curses option and make sure that the guest operating system boots
into text mode.

this will allow you to install the virtual machine with full braille access.

After that you can experiment with running BRLTTY in the guest system and
specifying the appropriate options to qemu to create a virtual braille device
for the guest to use. See the manual page for details of the necessary option.