[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and qemu

Odd Martin Baanrud martin at lb7ye.net
Sun Oct 17 21:53:40 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm going to test qemu on a machine with BRLTTY 4.2 installed.
I know it's possible to "configure" the virtual machine with a bunch
of options, but just for interest, I've tried to run qemu without options.
Then, I got the message "screen not in text mode" on my braille display.
Does someone know what happends when qemu is started this way?

When running a machine in qemu, do I need to simulate a braille display?
If so, do I need to run a screen reader in the virtual machine?

Regards, Martin