[BRLTTY] Setting Up BRLTTY

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Apr 22 21:30:31 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Christopher Emery on 2011/04/22 at 20:52 -0400]

>I write you as I like setup BRLTTY on Ubuntu (32bit) 10.10 / 11.04

I don't personally use Ubuntu, but I believe Ubuntu comes with a brltty
package. Perhaps someone who uses Ubuntu can confirm this, and can also
describe to you how you can ensure that you have it installed.

>I using Braillenote (Apex) through USB

The BrailleNote, to my knowledge, can't act as a braille display over USB. What
you need to do is to connect its serial port either to a serial port on your
computer or, via a USB to serial adapter, to a USB port on your computer. In
either case, brltty would oeprate it as a serial device.

>once I get working with that then I try Bluetooth.

The BrailleNote can act as a braille display over Bluetooth, but brltty doesn't
currently have support for doing that.

>I would like for Braille be one as soon as possible.  Can that happen at grub
>time ?  I not think so but not sure.

No, it can't currently run as the grub prompt.

>God Bless,

And may He bless you, too. My true hope is that He'll bless many readers of
this list. To that end, may I take this opportunity to remind all that the
rapture and the Day of Judgement will be on May 21 of this year, which is now
only 28 days away.