[BRLTTY] brltty 4.3

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Tue Apr 26 05:51:58 EDT 2011

Hello Dave

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote on Mo, Apr 25, 2011 at 11:38:14 -0400:
>[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2011/04/25 at 15:39 +0200]
>>There is still the problem I've mentioned with BRLTTY producing doubled letters
>>when a key table is activated.
>I can think of only two possible causes. One, which you seem to be sure isn't
>the case, is that brltty is running at too low a priority on a busy system. The
>other is that some operation within whichever braille driver you're using is
>slow. Which driver are you using, and which type of braille display do you
>have?
I'm using the pg-driver toghether with the a Pegasus braille- display from
Deininger.

>>Currently, I'm forced to work with just the braille display, but I have to
>>scroll a lot over the screen and therefore an activated key table would be
>>nice.
>
>I don't understand exactly what you're describing here. How does a key table
>help you navigate around the screen?
I'm using e. g. a telnet session where I have to read a lot of text which is
scrolling by. With the key table, I can remain on the keyboard for typing and
navigate quickly to the desired position. Without a key table, I have to put my
hands down to the braille display. This takes time and this is also less
convinient, since the braille keys cannot be pressed as fast as the keys on the
keyboard. Sorry, when I used the wrong terms.

Btw, I use a line like the following in /etc/brltty/kbd-laptop.ktb to navigate:
bind	ControlRight+!ArrowUp		LNUP

Sebastian
--
Test the free Latin-German dictionary | Teste das freie Latein-Deutsch-Wörterbuch!
Online: http://freedict.org/dict?Form=dict3&Database=lat-deu