[BRLTTY] Contracted Braille output using brlAPI

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sat May 28 08:02:30 EDT 2011

Rich Rarey <rrarey at npr.org> writes:

> I am working in a project that uses Adobe Flash for screen display.
> We're using brlAPI to write from the Flash app to the Braille display,
> and this works well.  We need to display contracted Braille, but it
> isn't clear how using brlAPI.

BRLTTY does currently not contract braille if it is being used via
BrlAPI.
There is a library for conracting braille though, liblouis.
Orca for instance uses exactly that to implement contracted braille: Use
liblouis to contract your braille before you send the result via BrlAPI
to the braille display.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕