[BRLTTY] Contraction error and patch: Comenius

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Sat May 28 11:32:57 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Two lower signs are not supposed to be placed next each other. If a
word begins with comen brltty uses the com and en signs
consecutively. The only word beginning with these letters I have found
is Comenius, but apparently he's famous enough to be mentioned at
least in scholarly books.

Here are some examples from my Web-Braille collection. It turns out
that all these come from one book which means there could be an error
on the part of one specific translator. But I don't think so since the
co is in a different syllable from the men. See what you think:

s*ool re=m} ,com5ius 7#ahj .174
    ,john ,amos ,com5ius 7,jan
6mat* ! ,jesuits'4 ,com5ius suppli$ x4
:at ,com5ius sd3 ?+s1 n ~ws--h;e !
$uc,n4 ,com5ius wd al t1* a univ}sal
        --,,com5ius 7,c4 #affj7

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll