[BRLTTY] Alva BC640 question

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Oct 1 15:36:11 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2011/10/01 at 14:13 -0400]

>I can't accept having to reinitialize it (and thus losing any books I've
>stored on that whopping big three MB disk).

The 3MB disk you're referring to is, I believe, the BC640's system drive. It's
really only meant for files the device itself needs, e.g. persistent settings
storage, braille tables, etc. Check, when you connect the device to your
computer, for two drives. I suspect you may find another one which is way
larger.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.