[BRLTTY] Wild and woolly

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Oct 3 10:44:11 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2011/10/03 at 07:29 -0400]

>Here's the USB log with the variable set to 1.

Thanks. It appears that the new feature I'm trying to use so that you can
independently set your host keyboard layout isn't supported until 2.8. This
being said, it's possible that the device's menu has a keyboard layout setting
which you could change to match your host layout selection. I'm not sure what
all the FP menu items are. Perhaps you and/or Tom could send me a list of them.

Please let me know if you find any (other) problems with the keyboard.

>I had the bright idea of typing the name of each key before pressing
>it,

That'd just clutter the log with all kinds of other events that I'd have to dig
through. When trying to check for a specific thing, it's always best to keep
the log as simple as possible so that as near as possible to only that thing is
in it. In this case, the best would've been to start brltty, press each of the
keys, and then grab the log.

No worries though. I was able to find what I was looking for.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.